Remember all those months ago when we rushed to the shops to bulk buy pasta and tins of tuna? I mean what the hell are we to do with 9 tins of tuna and penne to feed an army?! Time to use them up baby, Midwest-style!
Have a go at Val’s ultimate comfort dish: Tuna Noodle Casserole. It’s the perfect one-pot wonder that will give you all the warm and comfy feels you need as the weather turns a bit crisp, and the trees are changing colour. As school begins, this week and next – this recipe is a crowd-pleaser!
View this post on Instagram
- 3 cups pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 2 carrots, peeled & diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1/2 cup peas
- 2 tins tuna
- a handful of chopped parsley
- seasoning salt (P&R's everything seasoning is perfect here!)
- Finely dice all veggies, then saute onions, carrots, and celery until softened. Cook pasta.
- Pre-heat oven to 170C/350F.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream of mushroom soup, mayo and yogurt, adding in the softened veggies and tuna followed by the cooked pasta.
- Season to taste with the seasoning salt.
- Line a lasagna-sized pan with parchment paper, then scoop tuna/pasta mixture into the dish until even.
- Top with a handful or two of grated cheddar cheese, crushed potato chips(!), and a handful of chopped parsley.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the top is golden.