Anyone else in Autumn denial? I cannot get into the Autumn feels yet. So this week for our traditional Sunday game day feast, fish tacos were on the menu. With our many travels to Mexico over the years, and just being from the USA we have a soft spot for Mexican flavours… and all the summer vibes you want.
I give you the humble, pico de gallo! It’s quite possibly the most lovely accompaniment to pretty much anything. This Sunday, this classic side dish was a must.
Easy Peasy Pico de Gallo
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1/3 large red onion
- 1/3 garlic clove
- handful of cilantro (aka: corriander)
- 1 chilli pepper
- 1 lime for juice
- pinch of salt
- Chop your tomatoes fine but be sure to remove the insides! This leads to very WET pico which you don’t want.
- Then chop onion fine as well.
- Chop the garlic fine (see note below)
- Chop cilantro very fine.
- Before cutting lime for juice, press down on the lime and roll do release the juice in the lime. This will release more juice!
- Cut in half and use entire juice from lime in the mix.
- Add a pinch of salt to taste and you are good do go.
Garlic is seriously strong raw and people often mess this up. A little goes a long way so please avoid the garlic breath and go easy.