- We are fun – we are positive and work effectively as a team
- We make work/life balance a priority – Mondays/Tuesdays off, and if you are a student or flexible schedule we are willing to work around your needs. Christmas is always OFF.
- We celebrate loyalty and are looking for people grow our business – we are expanding which means room to GROW
- We pay a living wage, we are a #serviceincluded restaurant. We do not rely on the unpredictability of TRONC, your salary is your salary. Period.
- We get 29 days holiday
- Our management are nice, and want you to grow in your skills
- When it comes down to it, people look forward to coming to work here
- We love our customers and they love our food – we are like small town in a big city
At the heart of what we do is American food and drink at a high standard but always full of love and classic aspects of the USA. Our kitchen team is led by Head Chef Alex who is a native of the state of Delaware. We strive for the kitchen to run smoothly through communication, protocols and a team of energetic and team-focused chefs. Our front of house managers are Marieta, Carlos and Lily and they keep everything ship-shape! We try to find staff who want to start with us and grow their skills, brunch and dinner can be fast and furious so our staff are known far-and-away for their superior hospitality.
Currently, we operate a busy weekend brunch service, breakfast and lunch during the week and evening dinners. We are closed Monday and Tuesday, and we always close for Christmas. Further on we see Pickle & Rye expanding which would allow our new hires to be a part of the business from an early stage, presenting career path opportunities.
CONTACT US with your cv or stop by the shop and introduce yourself
CHEF (PART TIME/20 HRS)
The chef will report directly to the head chef and be responsible for the efficient running of daytime service. They will begin by learning each station thoroughly – salad/sandwich, grill, breakfast and fryers. This will include recipes, prep, service and opening/clean-down. After mastering each station, the chef (along with a pay increase) will be responsible for leading daytime service. We promote a healthy work/life balance at Pickle & Rye and therefore tailor our full-time rotas to 40 hours and we are flexible on crafting your ideal work-week. Salary or hourly available.
In addition to the standard skills required in any kitchen (Level 2 Hygiene certificates, HACCP trained) our ideal chef would have knowledge of American cuisine and have a passion for teaching, positive team work environment. Importantly, the successful candidate will work well with a positive team to uphold high standards, enjoy their work, and inspire pride in the work through passionate energy for providing wonderful food from the heart.
We pay living wage + tips
FRONT OF HOUSE – Part-Time (20 Hours) From our famous margarita to the thick buttermilk pancakes, we have a passion for brining American food and drink to the UK. We strive for a comfortable, fun dining experience for all our customers. We are looking for an enigmatic front of house server to be a part of our busy FOH team. On top of that, we are a community! At the Pickle our customers love to get to know you. The ideal candidate would have experience taking orders, exceptional menu knowledge, and an overall knowledge of food service – must have coffee/barista skills.
You will be charming, charismatic by providing a highly efficient, warm and effective service. You will be an inspirational and team player with the ability to work with the whole team. Living wage plus tips. We pay living wage + tips
KITCHEN ASSISTANT / PORTER (PART TIME/15-20 HRS)
Kitchen Assistant/Porter is a perfect entry-level job that brings a long list of transferrable skills such as organisation, communication, problem-solving, multitasking, diligence and attention to detail that can be utilised in many roles and industries.
An assistant helps a chef prepare and cook dishes while training. The assistant also oversees food supplies in refrigerators and storerooms, cleans and serves food when necessary. Additionally, under supervision, he operates kitchen equipment such as mixers, choppers, fryers, toasters, steamers, stoves and ovens.
This is a trainee position and you will be provided with regular training and is perfect for a student or someone looking for a flexible job that loves being in a kitchen and cooking.
- Basic food preparation
- Washing up, cleaning and clearing all kitchen areas
- Unloading and putting away deliveries
- Emptying bins, sweeping and mopping floors
- Ensuring all equipment is clean and put away correctly
- Deep cleaning fridges and store rooms to maintain sanitary and kitchen safety standards