KITCHEN ASSISTANT / PORTER (PART TIME/15-20 HRS)
Kitchen Assistant/Porter is a perfect entry-level job that brings a long list of transferrable skills such as organisation, communication, problem-solving, multitasking, diligence and attention to detail that can be utilised in many roles and industries.
An assistant helps a chef prepare and cook dishes while training. The assistant also oversees food supplies in refrigerators and storerooms, cleans and serves food when necessary. Additionally, under supervision, he operates kitchen equipment such as mixers, choppers, fryers, toasters, steamers, stoves and ovens.
This is a trainee position and you will be provided with regular training and is perfect for a student or someone looking for a flexible job that loves being in a kitchen and cooking.
- Basic food preparation
- Washing up, cleaning and clearing all kitchen areas
- Unloading and putting away deliveries
- Emptying bins, sweeping and mopping floors
- Ensuring all equipment is clean and put away correctly
- Deep cleaning fridges and store rooms to maintain sanitary and kitchen safety standards
- We are fun – our team likes each other
- We make work/life balance a priority – Mondays/Tuesdays off, and if you are a student or flexible schedule we are willing to work around your needs.
- We celebrate loyalty and are looking for people grow our business – we are expanding which means room to GROW
- We pay a living wage, we are a #serviceincluded restaurant. We do not rely on the unpredictability of TRONC, your salary is your salary. Period.
- We get 29 days holiday
- Our management are nice, and want you to grow in your skills
- When it comes down to it, people look forward to coming to work here
- We REALLY love our customers and they REALLY love our food
At the heart of what we do is American food and drink at a high standard but always full of love and classic aspects of the USA. Our kitchen team is led by Head Chef Alex who is a native of the state of Delaware. We strive for the kitchen to run smoothly through communication, protocols and a team of energetic and team-focused chefs.
Currently, we operate a busy weekend brunch service, breakfast and lunch during the week and evening dinners. We are closed Monday and Tuesday. Further on we see Pickle & Rye expanding which would allow our new hires to be a part of the business from an early stage, presenting career path opportunities.
CONTACT US with your cv or stop by the shop and introduce yourself
Bartender / Barista – (Part-Time, 20 hrs) From our famous margarita to the thick and icy American style milkshake, we have a passion for brining American drinks to the UK. We strive for a comfortable, fun dining experience for all our customers. We are looking for an enigmatic front of house bartender and barista to be a part of our busy FOH team. On top of that, we are a community! At the Pickle our customers love to get to know you. The ideal candidate would have experience taking orders, exceptional bar product knowledge, and an overall knowledge of food service – must have coffee/barista skills.
You will be charming, charismatic by providing a highly efficient, warm and effective service. You will be an inspirational and team player with the ability to work with the whole team.
In return we offer:
- Living Wage + Tips (and they are good)
- free meals on duty
- Birthday off & paid
- NEST pension scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Flexibility with schedule and holidays
- Closed December 24-26
- £100 bonus for any staff you refer that become members of the team 1 year
- Working with an amazing team of people!